SynTherm® – Insulating Materials SynTherm® DMD
SynTherm® DMD is a flexible 3-ply insulating material made of polyester film covered with a layer of impregnated fleece on both sides.
SynTherm® DMD is a Class F (155 °C) insulating material and has a high dielectric and high mechanical strength. It is tough and flexible.
This allows for easy insertion into the slot and the spreading effect ensures a sturdy grip. The smooth surface makes SynTherm® DMD ideal at automatic insulating and insertion machines. Additionally, it provides excellent adhesion in conjunction with impregnating materials.
The outer cured resin impregnation protects the polyester film against oxidation and hydrolysis.
SynTherm® DMD is used as slot insulation and for pre-shaped wedges in electric motors. Due to its special surface qualities it is also used as phase insulation. SynTherm® DMD is commonly used as core, interlayer und final insulation for the production of transformers.
- Class F insulating material (155 °C)
- UL approved, e.g. E247773
- RoHS-compliant acc. 2011/65/EU
- Test standard IEC 60626-2
- Sample conditioning acc. to standard atmosphere 23/50
Total thickness in μm:
100,130, 150, 180, 200, 230, 280, 340, 450
SynTherm® DMD can be supplied:
- in slit rolls from widths of 6 mm (depending on thickness) and above
- in rolls approx. width 1260 mm
- in sheets approx. 630 mm x 800 mm or approx. 800 mm x 1260 mm
Overall diameter of the slit rolls/ rolls as required approx. 240, 330 or 450 mm.
- depth approx. 1 - 12 mm, distance approx. 1 - 10 mm
- from widths of 10 to 240 mm and thickness of 0.23 mm
PET-film + both sided impregnated non-woven layer
|Property||Unit of measure|
|Thickness tolerance||%||± 15||± 15||± 15||± 15||± 15||± 15||± 15||± 10||± 10|
|Tensile strength longitudinal||N/mm²||60||50||75||80||80||90||100||100||100|
|Tensile strength transversal||N/mm²||-||25||60||60||60||75||85||100||100|
|Elongation at break (unfold) longitudinal||%||15||20||20||20||20||20||20||20||30|
|Elongation at break (unfold) transversal||%||-||50||55||60||60||60||60||60||80|
|Dielectric strength (unfold)||kV||5.5||5||7||8||11||14||19||24||30|