SynTherm® – Insulating Materials SynTherm® NP/80
SynTherm® NP/80 is a flexible 2-layer insulation made of polyester film with calandered Nomex® overlay.
SynTherm® NP/80 is a high-class insulation material due to the proven electrical properties of the polyester film and the excellent mechanical and thermal properties of the outer Nomex® overlays. The outer overlays’ impregnant absorptivity allows excellent bonding of all winding components.
SynTherm® NP/80 is an economic option and suitable for use as slot insulation, wedges, and phase insulation in electric motors.
In transformers it can be used as core, layer, or cover insulation.
- Class F (155 °C) acc. to IEC 60085
- Insulation material acc. IEC 60626
- RoHS compliant acc. 2011/65/EU
- Test standard IEC 60626-2
- Sample conditioning acc. to standard atmosphere 23/50
Total thickness µm:
other thickness on request
SynTherm® NP/80 available in delivery formats:
- tapes starting from 4 mm width
- rolls with approx. 900 mm width
- on request: approx. 600 x 900 mm, 900 x 1000 mm
Outer diameters of tapes/ rolls optionally approx.
240/ 330 oder 450 mm.
- depth approx. 1 - 12 mm, distance approx. 1 - 10 mm
- as of 10 mm up to 240 mm width and 0.20 mm thickness
Polyester film + Nomex®
|Property||Unit of measure|
|Thickness tolerance max.||%||± 15||± 15|
|Nomex® paper thickness||µm||80||80|
|Tensile strength longitudinal*||N/mm²||100||105|
|Tensile strength transversal*||N/mm²||100||100|
|Elongation at break longitudinal*||%||20||20|
|Elongation at break transversal*||%||30||25|